LEAD BTC

blog

Friday, April 29, 2011

Twilight Nail Zone Manicure

This manicure was inspired by one of my favorite old TV shows, The Twilight Zone. I’m way too young to have watched the original series but between New Year’s marathons and DVDs, I’ve seen a good portion of the original episodes. For you youngsters or non-Americans who don’t know what the Twilight Zone is, here’s the intro that inspired these nails.  
It’s not techinally Halloween, but it is kinda creepy, so here’s the mani for you:
I made a gray base from black and white and then painted items that appear in the Twilight Zone introduction. Index finger is the door, middle finger is the hypnotic swirly bit, the ring finger is the eye with the fringed eyelashes (I preferred it without but that’s the way it actually appears), and the E=mc2 equation.





I used a nail art pen for the swirl, everything else I painted with a tiny brush.  I then applied a coat of China Glaze Fairy Dust (a clear polish with tiny silver holographic microglitter) and one coat of Seche.
But here’s my favorite part:
The tiny head of Rod Serling, the Twilight Zone narrator.  It was hard to capture the photo since the nail was so glossy. I gave myself one try to get it right since I knew I’d be at it all day otherwise. He looks a bit like a Muppet but it’s identifiably Rod Serling, so I feel pretty satisfied with it.  He just seemed so darn likable!- and those dimples! What can I say, I’m a sucker for dimples.  I felt happy the entire time the tiny head of Rod Serling was on my thumb.
I know I’ve been doing more nail art than frankens lately. I will be back to frankening again after Halloween, but there’s just so much weird nail art floating around in my head that I feel I have to get it all done before I forget!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Nails